What Fun! Seriously….
Introducing Corporate Laughter Yoga for Events and Wellness Weeks
Companies are regularly asking us what we can do that is a little different – services to motivate and inspire their people to try something new. Many employees are more likely to try something that they see as new and exciting than something they feel they have tried before. Laughter yoga may be just what you are looking for.
For events, wellness weeks and high-stress high impact projects a few sessions of laughter yoga may not only tempt in the more reluctant of your team but also may persuade them to take up your regular yoga classes in office.
Here are a few benefits that the Laughter Yoga sessions will have in your office:
- An uplift of spirits: In office Laughter Yoga helps to lift the mood by releasing certain chemicals from the brain called endorphins. People remain cheerful throughout the day.
- Simple energizing exercise: Laughter Yoga is aerobic bringing more oxygen to the body and brain & making participants more energized.
- Stress reduction: Laughter Yoga reduces the stress and strengthens the immune system.
- Team building: Laughter is a positive energy which helps people to connect with other people quickly and improves relationships.
- Encouraging resilience: It is easier to laugh when things are going well, but how does a team react when faced with tough challenges? Laughter helps to create a positive mental state to deal with negative situations.
Laughter Yoga is a simple yet effective idea – simple and powerful. An exercise routine here is how it can work in the office environment:
- A group can and will laugh with special guided techniques: It’s proven. Anyone can laugh for no reason without relying onhumour, jokes or comedy and everyone will feel the benefits immediately.
- Real (deep) and contagious laughter: Laughter is initiated as a body exercise in a group and with eye contact and childlike playfulness.
- Oxygenates the Body and Brain: Laughter Yoga is a combination of deep breathing exercises from yoga and laughter exercises, which oxygenates our body and brain, makes us feel more healthy and energetic.
Watch the video and see a session in action here. Enjoy!